• beautyjunkie83

FEATURED POST
angelittle
NARS: new collection for Christmas
  SOURCE:   http://instagram.com/p/tOGafvLrT4/?modal=true
see post
begonia46
BEAUTY BUFF begonia46 / BEAUTY BUFF BEAUTY BUFF / replied
I literally just started using mine!  I love the colors could do w/o the Bronzer though. see post
Kaithlin
what color would i be with the benefit hello flawless liquid foundation?
I am an NC 35 with the MAC pro long wear foundation. 
see post
whatkills
whatkills / NEWCOMER / replied
If you live near a Sephora, you should totally go in and they will match you with this little machine thing they have and get your exact skin tone match with the correct... see post
AmyC
So who else is waiting on holiday sets already?
Wondering what new palettes Kat Von D will have, as well as what's to come from Tarte and UD!!! Who else is with me and what are you excited for? Can we expect these the end of this month?
see post
begonia46
BEAUTY BUFF begonia46 / BEAUTY BUFF BEAUTY BUFF / replied
Don't know if this was already posted and I just missed it. But Tarte's Kiss and Belle Lipsurgence is up now. Wish it was like last year's w/o the gloss. I have enough g... see post
karinavb
Beauty insider points
Hello! I've been a Beauty Insider for quite some time now and I have always used my beauty insider card towards in-store purchases. However, I recently made an online account but my reward point balance shows up as zero. I know I have many  points accumulated on my card and I would really like to use them online. May someone please help me with this? I'd greatly appreciate it!
see post
karinavb
karinavb / NEWCOMER / replied
Thank you! see post
tracygirl64
Loyalty to a Brand?
Are there any particular products/brands that you are completely loyal to?  Ever since I discovered Josie Maran's brand 3 years ago, I have not switched my skincare. That is really saying something, because I am a beauty product junkie! Also, I'm super loyal to WEN since switching to it over 2 years ago.  What beauty products/brands are you loyal to and would consider your ultimate holy grail?
see post
BrideSona
BEAUTY BOSS BrideSona / BEAUTY BOSS BEAUTY BOSS / replied
 I love this product. Its the only eye makeup remover I will use! see post
jesse1216
What color for bare minerals 2Y05
I match perfectly with BareMineral Bareskin #3 Linen and Cover FX 30 but when i looked for a pick for baremineral original foundation powder it was Medium Beige here. When I went to the bare mineral site it was Fairly Light. I know my skin is neutral more then yellow from all the past foundations I've tried. I was just wondering if I should purchase the Medium Beige this site picked for me or the Fairly Light picked by BareMinerals site?
see post
jesse1216
BEAUTY WHIZ jesse1216 / BEAUTY WHIZ BEAUTY WHIZ / replied
0% control over sometimes. You can't avoid stress which is a trigger. I avoid all the foods on the list except my occasional coffee or soda which don't make it flare. Bu... see post
BeautyIsLife21
Acne??
I have been noticing that my skin is starting to break out and it makes me very self-conscious cause I feel like that's the first thing people notice when they look at me. I would like some opinions on a good skin clearing kit, masks and acne friendly makeup. Please help me get better looking skin!!   
see post
BrideSona
There are so many causes of acne. It can depend on your age, your hormone levels, how active/underactive your thyroid is, what kind of chemicals are you exposing yoursel... see post
infinitise
Flat irons
My GHD flat iron just burnt out yesterday   I've had it for ~4 years with minimal usage, but somehow didn't last.   I'm searching for a new iron and I need and would appreciate your help!    I'm looking for a good quality iron that will last and leave minimal damage to my hair.. GHD used to give me a smooth effortless results that didn't feel like it was "pressing" on to the hair, but glides so maybe something similar with a temperature control    I've read a few reviews on T3 and CHI, but they both have mixed reviews  
see post
pinkonyx
HALL OF FAMER pinkonyx / HALL OF FAMER HALL OF FAMER / replied
babyliss and hot tools are two great brands. I have had my flat iron for 8 years and it still works but mine is a generic brand that I got from Sally's.  see post
Blackwhiskey
Urban Decay Perversion gel liner
I've been looking at reviews and everything for a good gel liner, so far I think UD has a good one, I've swatched it and it does a nice job at staying put. But if anyone else has any other brand suggestions.  I tried the benefit they're real push up liner and when I get it right, I love the way the formula looks, just a real deep black matte, but I don't like the applicator form.  If anyone has good suggestions I'd like to know but so far UD remains inthe lead. I looked up if anyone was raving about this product in the thread but I didn't have any luck finding anything. 
see post
MelindaAH
BEAUTY MAVEN MelindaAH / BEAUTY MAVEN BEAUTY MAVEN / replied
I love the UD liner. I've tried quite a few and so far this one remains my favorite. I'm not good at raving, but I recommend it! see post
KateLovesYSL
Tom Ford Holiday 2014 Collection
Finally found pics from some blogs of the Holiday collection!   Can't wait to pick up all of the matte lipsticks! I believe there will be 6 permanent matte lipsticks and 2 limited edition colours (possibly a matte black orchid!)   Doesn't seem to be any new eyeshadow quads though, so I'm a bit disappointed as I wasn't able to get Nude Dip before it sold out everywhere here and Holt Renfrew never called me back when I had put my name down for one!   There will also be new men's items. Please add any more pictures or swatches you come across of the Holiday collection. Can't wait to see swatches of the lipsticks!
see post
sweetieeee
BEAUTY MASTER sweetieeee / BEAUTY MASTER BEAUTY MASTER / replied
Thank you! Thats it im sold. I will be buying my first TF lippie sometime this month or the next :D oh how i love black and gold😍 see post
bratknits
Spectacular September Hauls
This hasn't been started yet so I'll give it a go.  Today is the last day that SiJCP has an extra 25% off clearance so I stopped in to poke around before I start up the smoker for tonight.  I grabbed all these goodies for $30.  
see post
ballerinagrl
BEAUTY PRO ballerinagrl / BEAUTY PRO BEAUTY PRO / replied
Wow! Super Gorgeous fall lippie shades!!! see post
starsandbucks
How long does it take you to do your makeup?
I have a pretty comfy makeup station and I do love me my products and I pretty much use everything from soup (primer) to nuts (setting spray). But I've noticed that instead of getting faster, I'm just getting slower and sloooower in my makeup application. I really enjoy the process of putting my makeup on - it's probably my favorite part of the day. But I feel like it's taking me a ridiculously long time to do my fairly simple everyday look (I don't vary how I do my makeup TOO much from day-to-day). So I used the timer on my phone for the past three days: 42, 50, and 52 minutes! Yikes! You ladies have seen my makeup. Nothing on my face should take 52 minutes! I know I take a long time doing my eyebrows - they're always a trouble spot for me. I'm going to TRY and speed myself up over the next few days so I can at least have more time to walk my dog in the mornings before work.    So I'm curious...how long does it take YOU to do your makeup?
see post
penelopepuffman
HALL OF FAMER penelopepuffman / HALL OF FAMER HALL OF FAMER / replied
Girl I feel you on this! see post
MissSiu09
Q. 28 years old w/o a skin routine, help!
Hi! I'm 28 yrs old and do not have a skin routine. I use drugstore cleansing products (Biore) and it works great. The only time I break out is during my period, and its usually on my chin. Other then that, I don't have major skin issues. I have combination/oily skin.    However, I do know that as I get older, I should really have a skin routine down.    I was looking at some of the "starter kits" that sephora has to offer and the clinique one is appealing - but wanted to get some others' opinions. What are your routines and how did you find the right combination of products for yourself?
see post
ermahampton
SPECIAL GUEST ermahampton / SPECIAL GUEST SPECIAL GUEST / answered
A. I'm a 24 years old girl with moderate/severe acne that wouldn't ever go away. I've tried benzyl peroxyde, accutane and salycilic acid, but nothing ever worked. I've been... see post
trishalyn
Clueless Guys are adorable
I was getting ready for a night out and was applying my makeup when it just so happened that my boyfriend wandered about in my vanity area and picked up my lash curler and asked, "what kind of torture device is this?" and then he went through my makeup stash and continued to ask silly questions about it. He gave my beauty blender a few squeezes and asked just how many shades of red there are that I have to have so many red lipsticks. Then he picked up my Better than Sex Mascara, made a sour face, and then tossed it over his shoulder. I almost died laughing. I knew he was just being silly, but it really makes me wonder how clueless guys about our beauty rituals and just how much time and effort we put into making ourselves pretty.   So ladies, fess' up your significant other's beauty blunders, silly questions and goofy reactions about your makeup and beauty rituals.   
see post
LarissaLaDonna
BEAUTY WHIZ LarissaLaDonna / BEAUTY WHIZ BEAUTY WHIZ / replied
My husband was watching me,apply my make-up the other day and he asked me "Honey,why do you have so many brushes and why do you take an hour to do make-up?". I,of course... see post
g9406
what foundation should I try?
I have normal, acne-prone skin and fair asian skin color.  I don't have any acne, but I have a little bit of acne scar, acne marks, and redness.  I would prefer medium coverage. Full coverage would be nice, but I don't like to look heavy.  I have tried some foundations and it is just so hard to find the right one for my skin.  I recently purchased bareminerals matte foundation, but the sales associate gave me the wrong color. I really like the finish, but I think the foundation is giving me red spots.  I will be visiting the store later this week so I just wanted some idea before I visit the store.  What would you recommend me?    I have tried Bobbi Brown skin foundation and that didn't give me enough coverage. Nars sheer glow & sheer matte didn't work out for me.   
see post
ballerinagrl
The options Andy has given are great for warm medium to dark Asian skin, which is the tone my daughter's have. They  love all of the above, except the Becca, which they ... see post
etscore1
What would you consider to be your iconic look?
When you picture yourself at your best, what do you look like and what would your process be to create that look?    Can include anything and everything from skin care, shower products, make-up, hair products, clothing, shoes, accessories, whatever you think of when you picture yourself at your happiest, most beautiful/handsome, confident.    What do you you use to create the best version of you? 
see post
sephoramusthave
HALL OF FAMER sephoramusthave / HALL OF FAMER HALL OF FAMER / replied
lylysa---I'm also very diligent with my skincare routine and I am proud of it! Its expensive, its time consuming but soooo worth it! I just turned 26 last week, and I st... see post
sweetheartfrost
Primer & Foundation Problems
I have oily, acne-prone skin so I like to use long-lasting, fuller coverage foundations. But, with my oily skin, the foundation will not stick. I apply a primer (Tarte Poreless primer) and let it dry or set. I then proceed to use my foundation (whether it be Estee Lauder Double Wear, Makeup Forever Matte Velvet +, or Urban Decay Naked Skin). Sometimes it will stick but if I touch it again if I am applying a concealer on top or even powder, it will totally lift off the skin and I have to start all over. It is so frustrating. I live a few hours away from any sephora so I can't physically go and talk to somebody so I need help here.  I use Clean & Clear Dual Action moisturizer (oil free) if you are wondering.    Is there any primer that could work with these kinds of foundations? Or is there anything else that you would recommend?
see post
ballerinagrl
I use primers that control oil on my T-zone (e.g. Estee Lauder Matte Perfection), but as Andy rightly points out, switching to a new skincare routine could stop your ski... see post
srplpwdr
Suncreen issues due to retinol
Two weeks ago I stepped up my retinol game at night from the Algenist Retinol Firming and Lifting Serum to Paula's Choice Clinical 1% Retinol Treatment Cream and went through peeling, redness, and especially sensitivity (I was accidentally blending this up under my eyes and onto my lids when I put my eye cream on and my eyes were having none of it - water burned and the only thing that I found that didn't irritate them was Neosporin). When I was going through the adjustment, sunscreen was adhering to my skin increasingly poorly, which I just chalked up to the flaking and dryness. Now that my skin has adjusted to the retinol, which I am able to use daily, sunscreen will barely adhere to my skin. I've been using the same amount of the same formulas (Kate Sommerville Waterlight, Supergoop City Serum, MDSolar Sciences SPF 50, Bioderma Photoderm MAX, and Neutrogena Dry Touch SPF 45) as well as the same skincare, but they don't blend in and don't stay put. If I don't wear makeup, they look obvious on the skin becasue of the streaks they leave, and if I do, then all of the formulas just ball up when I try to blend anything out. I think that it is becasue my skin texture has improved by leaps and bounds, but am not entirely sure. Has anyone else encountered this problem, or is it just a 'me' thing? I would love to hear any suggestions for sunscreens that you all think would work as well. I would like to avoid using waterproof, but, as of now, it looks to be my only feasible option . 
see post
andyhtrieu
HALL OF FAMER andyhtrieu / HALL OF FAMER HALL OF FAMER / replied
As a student myself, I try to wake up 5 to 10 minutes earlier than usual so that I have time to eat (i check social media at the same time), put on my face, do my hair, ... see post
andyhtrieu
I feel a giant pimple forming
The tip of my nose is starting to ache, it's a little red, and I can sense a giant pimple is gonna form in a few days. What do I do?!?
see post
BrideSona
Aww you have a subway.... :( see post
GlamMomAngel
Deluxe and Foil Samples Traveling Box!
I posted a previous post about starting a traveling box with samples and deluxe samples and a few ladies were interested in doing one!  This is the 1st traveling box I am apart of and of course the 1st that I am starting.   So, we need to decide if we are going to do a medium or small flat rate box.     RULES  No used items.  No open items  DO NOT take more than you put in.  Let's keep this fun and fair  DO NOT take multiples of the same sample  PLEASE try not to keep the box more than 3 days  Make sure to send your address to the person listed above you  Once you send the box off, post the tracking number in this thread  ALL unused items allowed (well maybe not nail polishes if it will make the shipping costs go up)  Post a pic of what you take out, what you put in and what is left in the box before you send it off   We are going to have fun and try to keep this going as long as we can!   If you are interested in being in the box, I have a few spots left so post a pic of what samples you have in this thread to be added.   To start off, we are only going to have 10 people! 1. CuriousCannibal 2. MegEm 3.MLLECC 4. tessie84 5. Kittichick 6. NicoleFrat 7. NightKnight 8. Sweetxteeth 9. Nishcakes  10. Kariyava
see post
nishcakes
HALL OF FAMER nishcakes / HALL OF FAMER HALL OF FAMER / replied
I agree with both 1&2 see post
plzhlp
What is the best foundation for a 50 year old that still breaks out?
ballerinagrl
Do you break out all over your face or just on the chin, forehead, nose area? I ask this because I have combination skin, with an oily T-zone, and I've found that it's b... see post
Loveone
Cheek Stain
  I   LOVE  "Hourglass Cheek Stain in Petal" and you no longer carry it.   What do you suggest I try?
see post
DiVWA
HALL OF FAMER DiVWA / HALL OF FAMER HALL OF FAMER / replied
Maybe Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer #5. see post
rickirox908
help i need long lasting eyeshadow and eyeliner
i need a eyeshadow and a eyeliner that will last me 2 days without creasing because i wont be able to aply makeup for 2 days ik its a hard thing 2 find but does anyone have any suggestions i do use a eye primer by benifit
see post
andyhtrieu
HALL OF FAMER andyhtrieu / HALL OF FAMER HALL OF FAMER / replied
My sister went to EDC last year, a 3 day rave that starts at dusk and ends at dawn, and she still managed to take off her makeup and do it again.  see post
cccc246
Hello Kitty Collection
Is anyone else in love with this new collection? While I think both the mirrors are crazy over priced, everything else is AMAZING. I have only gotten the eyeshadow palette so far but oh my god its perfect. Has anyone gotten anything from it? Is it worth getting any of the other sets??
see post
annypoo
HALL OF FAMER annypoo / HALL OF FAMER HALL OF FAMER / replied
I heard this was online only but I'm not 100% sure because on the sephora website, it doesn't say online only.  see post
sephoramusthave
What are you wearing today?
What makeup is everyone wearing today?   Today I am wearing:   1. Benefit Hello Flawless Foundation in Champagne 2. Benefit Coralista blush 3. TheBalm Mary-Loumanizer 4. Dior Creme de Rose Lipbalm 5. Dior Addict Lipstick in 454 6. Benefit Creaseless Cream shadow in RSVP   and under all this I am wearing Neutrogena Pure and Free Liquid Sunblock SPF 50   So c'mon now...confess!
see post
malday
HALL OF FAMER malday / HALL OF FAMER HALL OF FAMER / replied
You're too sweet, thank you so much! see post
amnali
can't upload images to gallery
I can't seem to upload pics How should I do it
see post
ErMcKinley
Best Clinique Almost Lipstick shade for red hair other than black honey!
Hello! I have auburn/red hair, blue eyes, and use light everything for coverup etc, but I'm trying to find a shade of the Clinique Almost Lipstick that will look best on me.  I already tried black honey and it was too plum for my skin tone.    I like a lipstick that doesn't say "I WEAR LIPSTICK" but one that will make my lips have a natural pretty pinkish coral color maybe?  Attached is a picture of what I look like - any recommendations of which CLINIQUE ALMOST LIPSTICK SHADE you would recommend that would look best on me would be amazing my hair has gotten a bit more red naturally since this picture!    Thank youuu!!!  
see post
TrysBeautyItems
HALL OF FAMER TrysBeautyItems / HALL OF FAMER HALL OF FAMER / replied
"natural pretty pinkish coral color"   From this I got Tarte Lipsurgence in Energy. It's a lip tint, but adjusts to your natural lip color. Available from Tarte direct... see post
morgangrace
I need help picking a foundation shade!
I am really wanting to try Dior star foundation but not sure what a good color will be for me! Please help.  I am shade  360 bisque in Lancôme teint idole ultra 24h foundation   BD 55 warm praline in YSL fusion ink foundation  and NW 35 in MAC 
see post
amnali
BEAUTY SAVANT amnali / BEAUTY SAVANT BEAUTY SAVANT / replied
Im nc30 mac  B30 b40 in ysl touche eclat Santa fe in nars 4.0 in urban decay B30 in chanel And dior im 031 So i say go with 031 :) see post
akaber
upperlid puffiness after eye makeup removal
I have sensitive skin in general. If I put on any kind of eye makeup, I am fine for 8-12 hours. But when I remove the makeup (does not matter how I do it: using a wash, wipes, makeup remover), my upper lid swells up for a day or so. I have to skip a day of eye makeup to go back to normal.  I have thrown mascaras away thinking the tube is too old, no difference. I truly think if I sleep in my makeup, I will be fine (not that I want to do that). I have noticed the more tugging I do on the lid, the more the swelling. I use UD primer on lids, I also tried too face primer with no difference. I use origins eye cream on lower lid but nothing for upper lid.I use dior mascara, UD shadows, smashbox concealer for lower lid( which is starting to cake for no good reason). Any suggestions? thanks in advance. I would go to a sephora store for advice but the closest one to me is an hour away!
see post
itscarin
HALL OF FAMER itscarin / HALL OF FAMER HALL OF FAMER / replied
Me too.  Whenever they bleep it out I always start thinking of the dirtiest words, and usually, it's not that word that's being bleeped out.  They're kind of overboard w... see post
ydnam
Kabuki brush?
Can you please suggest a good one? It's for blush and powder. Thanks.
see post
TrysBeautyItems
HALL OF FAMER TrysBeautyItems / HALL OF FAMER HALL OF FAMER / replied
Real Techniques is another choice - can be found at Kohl's and Ulta - both allow coupons on it. see post